Monday, June 15, 2009

Celebrating 40 Years With a Dear Friend...

Last week we got invited to a surprise party at Jen and Matt Brock's house for Matt's 40th birthday! Although someone at his work ruined the surprise, he was still very excited to see everyone! He cooked (yes on his own birthday, sorry) the best hamburgers I've ever tasted (his secret recipe he told me..and he doesn't tell anyone!) and low country boil. It was our first experience with low country boil even though we'd been wanting to try it for a while. Delicious is all I can say! Yummy!

The kids were excited because they have a son, Dylan, who had a playroom, and also had cousins and friends there to play with, too. They were in hog heaven. All of them got along REALLY well.

Jackson buddied up with a 8 year old little girl, Emily Elizabeth (yes, her sisters named her and they named her after the little character on Clifford the Big Red Dog!). He was all about her and flirty I tell you! They start early, huh?

Jenn and Matt are so good with the kids. They really spoil them. They let Jackson and Emily put the candles on Matt's cake.

If you aren't sure who Matt is, he and Paul used to work together at Cummins South. They really were the best of buddies. They still get together when life slows down enough to make it to a drag race a few times a year together. Every time we go around them though we ask ourselves why we don't make more time for each other. I adore his wife, Jenn, and their little boy is so cute! They do live in Villa Rica though so that makes it tougher. :(



Preston is enjoying the toys...



See how cute Dylan is?? AND, he loves the camera. I was ready to take him home!

Everyone singing...

Did I mention I love Jenn's family too? When I met them a few years ago at their wedding, I told Paul and I am positive I am adopted. I am also positive I am a transplanted Yankee. I have to be. I guess I just absorbed the dialect of the south way too easily. I think those people are my family, and I LOVE them! Seriously. I have told Paul I want to move out there to their subdivision. Seriously. They are loud, funny, and outgoing, and really they are... ME! I tell you I was switched at birth!





Silly old Matt...



Daddy and son...




Happy Birthday, Matt!!!!







0 comments: