Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday to my Big Boy Jackson!

October 29th my sweet Jackson turned five. It is hard to believe! We typically don't have parties at places other than our home, but we decided five was a big number and went all out I guess you could say by letting him do his party at a local inflatable party place. Now, I will spare you all the confusion and misery..but just know the FIRST place where our party was booked closed down and we were scrambling to find another and also that these places have strict policies about outside drink and food being brought in so I had to show myself a little to enforce my point that we were not doing pizza and their 23 carb juice boxes! So, finally the owner got on the phone, and her son is diabetic, too! So, she understood and everything ended up just fine. The original place that closed down though offered private jumping rooms..this one didn't. So, Paul was quite amazed at how chaotic it can be in one of these places with tons of kids of all ages running around and sliding and jumping. It was quite humorous to see it tear his nerves up. :) Us moms are veterans at this kind of stuff. The dads not so much.. :)

I think all and all Jackson had a great day. He did get a little inpatient waiting on our turn in the party room, but that was my fault. I was trying to be super organized so I got there early, and literally he was sick of jumping for an hour and half waiting on the cake and presents. :) Poor guy. Mommy is sorry...I forgot what it's like to be a kid! :)
He had tons of friends there and got lots of great presents!
The theme was Mickey Mouse Pirate party, and he loved the cake I made him. Let's just say I probably won't be making that one again though. :( ONLY for Preston. And, I will be trying to talk him out of it. :)




And, Jackson of course loved it being a family day where Daddy was part of all the festivities.

Daddy got him a Leapster 2, Preston got him a case for it, and I got him a game for it. (And, thanks to our friends who got him two more games!) (Ok..well..let's all be honest here. Dad got the credit from Jackson for the great gift of a Leapster. When you know whose idea it was, and uh, who went to buy it. But, I will give Dad props..he paid for it with all his hard work. :))
Jackson loves the leapster. And, I do, too! If you are wondering about getting your child one, email me! I can tell you how great it is!
And, a huge thanks to my photographer, Erica! She saved the day! It is so hard to do all that as a mom and take care of your child! Thanks to dad for videotaping it, too!

Jackson is SO much like me. I am not sure if I should say it is funny, or sad, or what. :) He slept with his presents the night before because he was so excited! Isn't he a great kid though? He didn't even unwrap them or peek. :) NOT to say Preston is NOT a great kid. Because he is. But, we all know how him sleeping with wrapped presents might have turned out. He is just like his daddy. Which I love.

Oh, how time has flown by. This birthday was extra special to me I guess for several reasons. Because it was the fifth which is special and big. And, because of all the stuff he has been through this year I can honestly say I am blessed to still have him around to celebrate another year. You don't always think of it that way until you are reminded of the brevity of life. And, this year I was. What a blessing to be able to spend this day celebrating a wonderful, smart, adorable, little boy. God has big plans for him. I feel it. And, diabetes will make him stronger and I think will play a part in that plan. I cannot wait to see what He has in store for him.
Happy Birthday, buddy! I love you so much! Even when I want to send you to your room. (Like right now..you are sitting in time out screaming your lungs out... :) Had to include that tidbit for you to read when you read this post years down the road...Ah..motherhood.)







1 comments:

Erica said...

I didn't know that place was Plan B? Well it turned out great! Happy 5th Birthday, Jackson! I didn't get to document this on my blog, because, well.... ;)