This year we went to the Henry County Parks and Recreation Heritage Christmas Festival. We've never been, and it was pretty neat. They had sleigh (think hay) rides, a tree lighting, and cookie decorating, and of course the train that is always at Heritage Park always provides for entertainment. It was neat, too, that we ran into our friends Katy and Ella there.
Anyway, Jackson's sugar right before he ate this cookie was uh..I think high 200s or low 300s I cannot remember exactly...but high. Man, oh man. I was alone, facing a cookie with icing, and seven layers of shirts, nowhere to really feel clean enough to open up my supplies, in the freezing cold, knowing I only had minutes to figure out what to do before we missed the tree lighting. And, I survived. Well, I thrived. I did it. I handled it. I know maybe I got a tad snippy a few times with the kids as I was surmising the situation deciding what to do. But, I did it. I really thought it would never happen where I could really figure it out and just handle it. I DID IT. This was huge for me. I am very happy to look back and see his smile and know that maybe he did once or twice cry and whimper having to wait a minute for his cookie, but that in the end he had this huge smile and ate that yummy cookie to pieces!



0 comments:
Post a Comment