Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What I Learned on My Cruise

It might sound weird to alot of you, but I did alot of thinking, soul-searching, and discovering about myself on the trip and thought I'd share some of the thoughts I had with you here.

1-We are in fact NOT in a recession! Seriously! If you could see how many people (like 2,500) can still afford to take cruises I am assured the economy must be doing better than we thought! (Hint...other signs of this are able to be seen just going out in eat somewhere at 7pm on a Saturday night in McDonough.)

2-We live in a beautiful city! Atlanta I mean. Miami is filthy! Yucky! Even the airport! I thought the room was going to cave in on us. Fort Lauderdale's airport wasn't quite as bad, but seriously we are very blessed to live in a city that doesn't look like Miami.

3-I might actually be able to wear dresses! If bought right, altered first, and I get a spray tan. Lots of "ifs" I know, but hey I'm just saying!

4-Do not wait until you have been in the sun for an hour to apply sunscreen.

5-I do not like flying. I just might not ever do it again. Well, at least not without the kids. I had wine on the way down, but it was way too early for that on the way back, and I almost didn't make it. I was tearing up.

6-Do not read the edition of People magazine that has the story about the Hudson River plane crash while flying on an airplane.

7-I hate my hair up. I wish I had never put it up for the Captain's Dinner. I hope I have lots of hair till the day I die because without it I feel not so pretty. :)

8-As you get older, you become less trusting. More leary. Six years ago I didn't worry as much about getting mugged in Nassau, the ship catching on fire or sinking, the plane going down. There is just something about being more carefree when you're younger. I haven't decided yet if I miss it or not.

9-Do not get a spray tan on the same day I have to give the kids a bath that night. Lots of orange stripes will follow. :)

10-It takes losing something for you to REALLY realize how much it means to you. My back didn't hurt much on the cruise (because I wasn't carrying Preston), I didn't have headaches, someone wasn't saying my name every five minutes, etc. But, it didn't matter. I couldn't exist without all that. Even though the laundry is overtaking my life again now, and my hips are killing me, this is where I belong.

11-Children truly are like dogs like I said before. (sorry) It's true. The first day we were gone, they were missing us and asking about us. By day 4, they weren't so much. It's like whoever feeds them and cares for them, they bond the most with. Scary. I cried in the airport about it. I have discovered I WANT to be the one every day who cares for and feeds them. I don't want them to ever forget about me. I am so afraid if I die, they will stop asking about me. So much my heart hurts just thinking about it.

12-Even though I had the BEST time, I don't think I will ever go and leave the kids that long again. I will go away overnight again I know for sure, but not for four days.

13-I really do have the best mother-in-law. (and father-in-law)

14-I love my husband so much. More than I did yesterday or last year. I am so blessed. If I died tomorrow (I know I'm talking too much about death but hear me out:)), I would be so lucky to have already spent only at age 30 over half my life with my best friend and soulmate. After spending that much time with him, I was lost without him when he went back to work. I really missed him.

15-God wanted me to learn some things on this trip, and now I know that's why He worked it out so I could go

See you in 30 more years, Bahamas!

0 comments: