Sunday, September 28, 2008

Southern Belle Farms Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday I took the boys to the Pumpkin Patch at Southern Belle Farms near our house. It was so much fun! We pass by there daily, and Jackson asks all the time when they will be open again. He loves it there. We went last year, and he remembers how much fun it was. Here are the boys riding the "cow train" that is pulled by a big tractor. Last year Preston was too little to ride, so it was so cute this year to see him get to ride. He looked a little worried at first, but he did good!
Something new they had this year were these bicycle type things. I haven't ever seen them before. Jackson called them go-karts. You pedaled them around the dirt track they had set up. It was neat. Jackson loved it. I rode the adult size one with Preston in my lap! Talk about a workout!
They also had little tricycles set up this year that Preston and Jackson both rode. I had to push Preston on his, so you can imagine again what a great workout that was! :)
It is such a neat place. They also have a corn maize, but I am waiting to take Dad back with us to do that. I didn't want to get lost in it with two screaming kids! :) They also have a million corn kernels in a big jumping thing that they can play in, duck races, slides, corn shooters, and we went on a hayride, too. It is really hard to believe there is a real working farm so close to our house. You feel like you are in a different world almost!

Then, we went to the pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin. It was kind of early I guess because there weren't very many to choose from. Jackson chose this one, and Preston got a little one.


It was so heavy! Imagine the workout from carrying that and holding Preston's hand (I didn't use the stroller because the terrain is so rocky) and keeping up with my purse and Jackson. Jackson had a hard time holding it. I had to convince him to hold it really quick for a quick snapshot!

When we got home they posed next to the pumpkins. You can see below how proud Preston is of his selection. He loved it! He calls the actual pumpkin a "punkin patch." He's a little confused I guess.

I just love fall! :)


2 comments:

Erica said...

This stuff looks so fun! I had no idea they had all that stuff at Southern Belle. Thanks for sharing!

Felicia said...

oh yes you HAVE to go! It is way better than Yule. Clean, too. $1 off coupons at Moye's. Which makes it like $11 something for you and Earl and Ella is free. :)