Saturday, August 30, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes!

I'm really going to get a lot of flack about this story (it's especially for Greg and Jemekia), but here goes:

Tonight while Jackson, Preston, and I were playing hide-n-seek in the house (which is totally fun at dusk when it gets just dark enough to spook them :) ), I was running holding Preston and got quite tickled. So tickled in fact I peed my pants ever so slightly. :)

SIDENOTE: I often peed my pants while laughing as a young child (as did my sister, too) and after having children which weakens all that stuff anyway causing incontinence it has gotten worse. I don't regularly pee my pants but if I have been holding it a while and laugh or sneeze hard, well it comes out!

Hello! It is so easy to get tickled. Preston jumps a mile everytime Jackson hops out to say "Boo!" even if it is the same place Jackson has hid for the past three times (which it often is!) And, Jackson cracks me up because he usually tells you in advance before you start counting where he is going to hide. I told him tonight to quit telling me! So, after that he then approached it a different way. Instead he said, "Mom, could you turn the lamp on in Preston's room so I can hide in there?" Seriously! haha

But, the kicker is not that I peed my pants or that the kids are hilarious playing hide-n-seek. It is what Jackson said to me after I peed my pants that totally hit me in the face like a big slap!

Mommy: "Hold on, Jackson. We've gotta take a quick break so Mommy can get new pants. She had an accident from laughing."

Jackson: "What, Mommy? An accident?" (incredulous)

Mommy: "Yes, Jackson. Mommy had an accident. Just a little one. I was laughing too hard."

Jackson: (amazed) "Mommy! Ahhh..You better not have had an accident. I am going to strangle you if you had an accident!"

Uh...no clue whatsoever who he heard that from!

If you need me I'll be under the table hiding.

1 comments:

Patrick and Megan said...

Who knew kids should come with Depends instead of Pampers ;)