Sunday, December 14, 2008

The 12 Days of Christmas

I came up with an idea this year for my blog (I am sure someone has thought of it before..but I just made it up :)). As I was listening on the sing-a-long train last night at Stone Mountain to "The 12 Days of Christmas" song, I decided I would tell about one thing my "true love gave to me" each day on the 12 days preceding Christmas. Except "my true love" is God. So, each day (starting yesterday...I am a little late:)), up until Christmas Day I am going to tell you about one thing God gave me that day. Of course, every day of my life God blesses me and gives me tons of things, as well as my family and friends do, too. So, obviously I cannot list everything, so I will choose what touches me the most each day.

December 13th:
On the first day of Christmas, my true love, God, gave to me cold chills.

Let me explain. On the train at Stone Mountain last night, they do a skit/story called "The Gift." It is about the birth of Jesus and the true Christmas Story. (Which is one reason why I don't mind spending my money there! That place was packed to park capacity last night, and that is just wonderful to me that all those people heard that story on the train.) Through all the chaos, (and I do mean chaos..imagine a packed out park, two toddlers, thirty degree weather, Preston hiccuping and laughing so hard simultaneously he spit up, etc etc etc...) you might think I could possibly get so caught up in the drama that the story might not touch me. But, even through Preston crying about not being able to open his window, and me hushing him, when the lady said, "We received the best gift...the gift that would give the entire world salvation!" chills still went down my spine. They did just now again as I remembered her saying it and as I typed it.

Thank you so much for my gift today, Lord. I am so thankful that in the hustle and bustle of this season, you are helping me to remember that it is about so much more.

Enjoy your gift everyone! He really gave us a good one!

0 comments: